Lars Larson Show: Criminal Alien of the Week Report
April 4, 2013
It has been an interesting first week in the month of April when it comes to criminal aliens here in the State of Oregon.
This week we have news from the Oregon State Capital about legislation (Senate Bill 833) introduced this week that would grant some form of Oregon Drivers License (ODL) to foreign nationals illegally in the country (illegal aliens).
If SB 833 becomes state law the Oregon Department of Transportation would be required to issue short term driver license (4-years) or short term driver permit to applicant who does not provide proof of legal presence in United States but otherwise has complied with all requirements for license or permit and has resided in Oregon for more than one year.
The issuing of ODLs in the recent past to illegal aliens who have chosen to drink and drive has extinguished the lives of far too many Oregonians of all age groups and socio-economic classes across our state.
– Kimberly McDaniel, age 23, was killed by Rosendo Rosales-Corona (SID: 17078498), a Mexican national illegally in the country, in Multnomah County on July 15, 2006 (Rosales-Corona fled to Mexico and was latter captured in California when he returned to the U.S. to work);
– Judyth Anne Cox, age 66, a resident of Newberg, was killed in Yamhill County on December 3, 2007 by Ignacio Merendon-Zerega (SID: 7213917), a Mexican national illegally in the country (Merendon-Zerega had five prior DUIIs, most occurring in Marion County, at the time he killed Mrs. Cox);
– Carma Colleen Smith, age 52, a resident of Dayton, was killed in Yamhill County on May 11, 2008 (Mothers Day) by Leonel Zurita-Loeza (SID: 17045856), a Mexican national illegally in the country (Zurita-Loeza was on probation for a previous DUII at the time he killed Mrs. Smith);
– Justin Daniel Dougherty, age 23, was killed by Mexican national Eduardo Gutierrez-Duarte (SID: 14044953) in Lane County on March 4, 2008;
– Kay Blaser, age 26, was killed by Mexican national Fernando Deanda-Moreno (SID: 17627417) in Clackamas County on October 12, 2008;
– Barbara Jean Bier, age 52, was killed by Martin Martinez-Aguilar (SID: 17690098) in Polk County on November 21, 2008;
– Albert Lloyd Rowland, age 53, was killed by Alvaro Lugos-Ponce (SID: 18467984) in Multnomah County on May 13, 2010;
– John Zupan (founder of Zupan’s Markets), age 66, was killed by Edy Porfirio Reynoso-Ramirez (SID: 16599221) in Multnomah County on August 30, 2011.
The sponsors of SB 833 are State Senators Chip Shields (SD-22), Arnie Roblan (SD-5), Chuck Thomsen (SD-26) and Bill Hansell (SD-29); also sponsors are Representatives Jessica Vega Pederson (HD-47), Chris Harker (HD-34), Mark Johnson (HD-52) and Vic Gilliam (HD-18).
Considering how many Oregonians in this state have been maimed or killed by illegal alien drivers it is unconscionable that the preceding Senators and Representatives would be willing to sponsor such irresponsible and dangerous legislation under the guise of a public safety issue.
What can Lars Larson Show listeners do about stopping illegal aliens from getting ODLs?
There are two things your radio listeners can do to express their rejection of SB 833, drivers licenses for illegal aliens:
First, write a letter (e-mail) to their Oregon State Representative and Senator asking them to reject the legislation;
– Find your legislators at: http://www.leg.state.or.us/findlegsltr/
– Write your legislators at: http://www.leg.state.or.us/writelegsltr/
Second, write a letter to the editor of their local newspaper urging local legislators reject the final passage of SB 833.
– Locate your local newspaper at: http://orenews.com/web/members/index.php
Lars, the first week of April and another criminal alien report for Lars Larson Show FM 101.1 radio listeners.